Thursday, June 30, 2016

This End Up headboard and footboard baseball makeover (Part 2 Bedroom)

Footboard Before and After

This is part 2 of the bedroom makeover from old This End Up furniture to a little boy's baseball-themed room.  It continued with the headboard and footboard.  I added a baseball diamond to the footboard so it would be facing out to the room.  I first applied Zinsers 1-2-3 primer right on to the wood, followed by the paint, and then Minwax Polycrylic in satin.
The finished diamond

For the headboard, I drilled two worn baseballs into the headboard posts and painted "slugger" in the center.  I did the same as above with the primer and paint and Polycrylic.  Since my handwriting is not the best, I used stencils for the letters.

The baseballs make a perfect spot to hang a hat!

No comments:

Post a Comment